The Human Condition


Our cozy little planet is presumed to have existed for over four and a half billion years. In the most recent three of those, it has been teeming with life. They come and go, and more than we will ever know of. The truth is there have been many species of fascinating creatures that crawled, squirmed, floated, swam, galloped, trotted, scurried, walked, ran and flown throughout our ever changing environment called Earth. Each had its mechanism for being. Each had the means with which to move about, perpetuate and thrive; the means with which to process some form of cognition, or maybe at the very least the means with which to perceive. Each had within it the mechanism responsible for ending the inadequate; the unnecessary; the obsolete. Some of these creatures persisted for millions of years before the mechanism within them led them down that narrowing path. To appear as if they never existed or at best to forever sequel into a display at the Smithsonian. To be something to learn from. We humans, the latest upgrade model of hominid, are no different. We have our own mechanism of survival, perpetuation, and ultimately, our own demise, “The Human Condition.”

The human condition, it mars the soul, and burdens the spirit. It is the initiating tool, cycle and grand culmination of all of societies mistakes and undoings. Whether you think of it as sin, failure, shortcomings, ethical or moral turpitude, or unhealthy normal reactions to abnormal stress. It divides us from harmony. It unites us in doleful conspiracy. It diminishes our value as a species. It threatens to resolve our issues with finality. To cure the infection we fester upon this planet by allowing us to render ourselves onto the path of extinction. We can learn to heal the wounds of the human condition. Treat the symptoms, and practice good preventative care, and we will prevail. Cure the human condition and we will evolve to something better; something truly amazing.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

While she remains distant, I dream.


Every Moment ~ Each Day
Patrick B Oviedo Jr
Circa The Fading Winter of 2013

I picture with every moment's passage of each day I command ~ Your presence
I picture your busy toil. Adhering to responsibilities with an empirical will, honest, sincere

Enthralled with your intellect
Enamored with your watchful sensitivity and discernment

I imagine listening intently as you counsel those less fortunate, expounding grace and wisdom

Your voice fill every open space of my heart
It threatens to burst it and then fill all else that is me

Each peer into that thoughtful gaze engages and enslaves my wonder

I imagine what it would be to feel the quiescent touch of your hand on my chest

I imagine your deep restful exhale across my shoulder and ruff

I imaging the warmth of your supple form pressed upon me ~ Eyes closed ~ In celestial sleep

And I would give up my very next breath and every other there after
To fully realize all of your aspirations, those childhood promises fulfilled
To fully entail your happiness whole
Life replete, at peace ~ Complete

And in a waking dream I cherish the aroma of your hair caressing my face
And the delicate taste of my lips softly placed upon that tiny scar that has long since faded
Faded along with the angst from which it was so created long ago

I picture this ~ With every moment's passage of each day ~ I command





No comments:

Post a Comment